“Modular ventilation system integrated within urban food production in educational buildings”
(MOVE4EDU PID2021-126845OB-C21 & MOVE4EDU PID2021-126845OB-C22 funded by MCIN/AEI/10.13039/501100011033/FEDER, EU)
The MOVE4EDU project aims to develop and implement a natural modular ventilation solution that is adaptable, ensures indoor air quality, increases building sustainability, and introduces circular economy principles in the operation of buildings.
The central case study of the project is educational centers in Catalonia, but the experimentation in buildings such as ICTA-UAB continues on.
To do so, the sustainability and circularity of the system are based on:
- A reduction in the ventilation energy demand versus traditional ventilation systems.
- The production of food in buildings and cities.
- The increase in food production due to the CO2 intensification resulting from human respiration in indoor environments.
- The circularity of water flows.
- The circularity of nutrient flows.